A sound mind resides in a sound body, that is why we at MGIS take the health of our community seriously. To ensure the continuous good health and wellbeing of each member of our community, we have a well-stocked infirmary manned by the school nurse in collaboration with the school doctor.
The objectives of the school health programme are to:
- Provide initial first aid and treatment of minor ailments;
- Administer medication when authorised to;
- Promote healthy lifestyles and disease prevention;
- Assess need and call for emergency services;
- Provide a communication link with parents when health services are required;
- Organise and coordinate health screening programmes;
- Help coordinate health education curriculum;
- Maintain up-to-date student medical records and vaccines.